This is Activity #13. It is expected to take 25 minutes. The goal is to continue working on your end of year project and send a short update note to your instructor, and if you are part of a project group, share an update with your group.
You will need:
- Computer with internet access
- The Final Project Template you've been working on (from Activity 1)
- Instructions from your instructor letting you know whether you will be working independently or as part of a group for this activity.
Do Now: Draft or update your project plan
Step 1: Watch the quick overview video above to introduce today's activity.
Step 2: Take a few minutes to update your project template to add your latest thinking about your career goals, plans, and progress. Feel free to review what you've learned on CareerVillage.org if that helps.
Step 3: Share your project template and reflections:
- If you do NOT have a project group: Share your updated project template with your instructor, as well as your response to the "Reflection Prompt" you received from your instructor.
- If you have a project group: Share your updated project template with your project group. Give each other the opportunity to speak about what you're thinking, and help each other come up with new ideas to become better prepared for your career goals. Some questions you could discuss as a group:
- How have our project templates improved?
- What seems clearest? What seems least clear?
- What are some things I've done recently from my Career To Do List that have helped me make progress toward my career goals?
- What are some new career questions I should be asking on CareerVillage?
- What is something I could do to make progress toward my career goals if I had just 30 minutes?
- What's something I could do to make progress toward my career goals if I had 3 hours?
- What is the biggest obstacle that could get in my way over the next week or two to making progress toward my career goals?
Share your reflection with your instructor after you have finished discussing as a group.
Step 4: If you still have time, continue working on the to dos on your to do list and make progress toward your career goals!
Questions, Feedback, or Suggestions on this Activity? Please contact us here.