This is Activity #41 in the Maximum Impact Activity Sequence. It is expected to take 2 hours . The goal is to finalize your final project and presentation. This work session can be broken out into smaller sessions to accommodate your schedule - use your best time management skills to finalize your project template and prepare for your upcoming presentation.
You will need:
- Computer with internet access
- The Final Project Template you've been working on (from Activity 1, Activity 6, and Activity 11, Activity 15, etc.)
- Instructions from your instructor letting you know whether you will be working independently or as part of a group as your prepare for your final project
Do Now: Work On Your Final Project
Step 1: Watch the quick overview video above to introduce today's activity.
Step 2: Work on and finalize your project template.
- If you do NOT have a project group: Finalize your project template to add your latest thinking about your career goals, plans, and progress. Feel free to review what you've learned on CareerVillage.org in addition to your Reflection Log.
- If you have a project group: Make sure you dedicate some time to work individually before meeting up with your group. Afterwards, share your updated project template with your project group. Give each other the opportunity to speak about what you're thinking, and help each other come up with new ideas to become better prepared for your career goals and your upcoming presentations. Some questions you could discuss as a group:
- How have our project templates improved?
- Which sections of your project template do you need the most work on?
- What are some things I've done recently from my Career To Do List that have helped me make progress toward my career goals?
- Which answers have I received on CareerVillage that have been particularly helpful?
- What is the biggest obstacle in completing this project template and how can I overcome it?
Step 3: After you have finished your project template, think about how you'd like to present it to your class and make any necessary preparations such as practicing or writing out a script for what you'd like to say. If you do not know how long your presentation should be, reach out to your instructor to find out. Otherwise, plan for it to be 4-5 minutes long.
Step 4: Send your instructor your reflection
Questions, Feedback, or Suggestions on this Activity? Please contact us here.