This is the 6th activity in the Maximum Impact Sequence. In this activity students will update their project template and reflect on what they have learned so far. If you are grouping students together to work on their projects, this should be the first time they are meeting together. This activity should take you 10 minutes to set up (without project groups) or 25 minutes to set up (with project groups). This activity should take students 25 minutes to complete.
Students should be able to:
- Update their Project Templates
- Reflect on the progress they've made towards their career goals
- Internet-connected computer
- Ability to communicate with their project group by video or phone (If applicable)
- Internet-connected computer
- Student roster (if grouping students)
- Decide if you want to form project groups. If so, be prepared to assign students into groups and provide them a means to connect (whether via Google Classroom Video, etc.). We recommend group sizes of 3-5 students.
- Select a reflection prompt from the list below for students to email you at the end of this activity:
- How has your project template improved since last time?
- What is the section of your project template you would like to make the most progress on in the coming couple of weeks?
- What are some things you've done recently from your Career To Do List that have helped you make progress toward your career goals?
- What are some new questions you want to ask next?
- What is something you could do to make progress toward your career goals if you had just 30 minutes?
- What's something you could do make progress toward your career goals if you had 3 hours?
- What is the biggest barrier that could get in your way over the next week or two to making progress toward your career goals?
Begin the activity
Assign the activity to your students by email or in class
Example email if you ARE organizing students into project groups:
Hi Class! Here is today's CareerVillage activity. Today we will be updating our project templates. Please complete the activity by [DUE DATE HERE]. I am assigning you into project groups. Working on this project with feedback from your peers will help you greatly. Please refer to the group chart below to find your group. [GROUP CHART HERE] Please contact your group members to arrange for a time to meet to discuss your projects. At the end of the activity, please send me your reflection in response to the prompt below. Reflection prompt: __________
Example email if you are NOT organizing students into project groups:
Hi Class! Here is today's CareerVillage activity. Today we will be updating our project templates. Please complete the activity by [DUE DATE HERE]. At the end of the activity, please send me your reflection in response to the prompt below. Reflection prompt: __________
- Formative: Instructor should collect student reflections
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestion on this Lesson Plan, please contact us here.